In entering the event you agree to the full terms and conditions as shown here and that you will follow the event rules here.
This page may be updated before the event and you are responsible for ensuring that you agree to the terms and conditions as displayed on the site on 4th June 2022
In registering for and participating in this event, you assume full and complete risk and responsibility for any discomfort, illness, injury, or accident which may occur while you are preparing for the event, during the event, while you are on the premises of the event, or while you are travelling to or from the event. You understand that participating in the event may be hazardous, and that you should not enter and participate unless you are medically able and properly trained.
You acknowledge and agree that the event will be held over public roads and facilities open to the public during the event and upon which hazards are to be expected. This includes farmland, uneven surfaces, boggy areas and fences.
You also acknowledge and agree that participation in the event may carry with it certain inherent risks and dangers that cannot be eliminated completely ranging from risk of minor discomfort to catastrophic injuries including permanent disability and death. The event risk assessment can be found here
You are aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in the event, including without limitation risks of permanent injury or death due to falls, obstacles, contact with other participants, acts or omissions of other participants, effect of weather, traffic and conditions of any routes.
You, for yourself hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, marshals, sponsors, promoters, and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that you may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event. You understand that this includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
Children Under 18
Parent/guardian permission is required for all children under the age of 18 participating in an event. By entering the event online, agreeing to parental consent at point of entry, and paying in advance, parental/guardian permission is assumed.
All children under 16 must be accompanied on the event course by a parent/guardian. Without a parent/guardian present the child will be unable to participate in their event, without exception.
Hope Village Hall as the Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse any participant entry to an event at the time of registration should the appropriate permissions not be in place by the parent/guardian.
Parental Consent Agreement
By allowing my child to participate in the event, I, the parent/guardian of the child mentioned above agree and acknowledge that:
- I am aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the event undertaken and accept responsibility for exposing my child to such inherent risks.
- I have satisfied myself that my child has the necessary skill and knowledge to take part in the event and to deal with conditions that may arise in the course of the event.
- I confirm that my child does not have any disability or medical condition, physical or mental, which could affect their ability to participant safely in the event.
- I will not allow my child to participate in an event whilst under the undue influence of alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate.
- I accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by my own actions or omissions or actions or omissions of my child.
- I will be responsible for my child throughout the event and during the time that they are participating.
- I understand that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian throughout the whole duration of the event.
- I hereby grant full permission to Hope Village Hall as the Event Organiser to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of my child at the event.
- I am aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the event undertaken and accept responsibility for exposing my dog to such inherent risks.
- All dogs must be on a lead at all times while taking part in either the Callow Crawl or Callow Pottle
- All dog excrement must be picked up and placed in the bins provided at either the refreshment stop or village hall.
- I accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by my own actions or omissions or actions or omissions of my dog.
- I will be responsible for my dog throughout the event and during the time that they are participating.
You hereby irrevocably grant Hope Village Hall as the Event Organiser permission to record your voice and photograph you in conjunction with the event.
Please note that the event takes place in public spaces and on the highways. Images from the events (including your image) may be collected during events by media agencies and members of the public that the event does not control and has not authorised. The collection of images by these third parties is outside the Event Organisers control and you must therefore speak to those agencies directly if you have concerns.
You understand and agree that the term “photograph” as used herein encompasses both still photographs and video recordings. You further grant Hope Village Hall as the Event Organiser permission to use your photograph, voice, and likeness taken in conjunction with the event, in any form, including edited versions, in or over any medium including without limitation streaming audio and/or video over the internet, broadcast, cable, satellite transmissions, and media that are unknown at this time, worldwide for any legitimate purpose including, without limitation, any commercial purpose, without compensation to you.
You further waive any right of inspection of any such recordings and photographs. You understand that any such recordings and photographs recorded by Hope Village Hall shall become the sole property of Hope Village Hall as applicable.