You are currently viewing Update 2nd June – Two days to go

Update 2nd June – Two days to go

We are delighted that the event is to go ahead on Saturday and today I have marked the course with some arrows for guidance.

The Chase is marked with Orange arrows out, blue arrows for some of the return and then red arrows. The final course map is shown on the routes page and will be available on the day

The Crawl and Pootle are marked with white arrows out and black arrows on the return. The final course map is shown on the routes page.

We have received over 30 entries for all the events. We shall continue to accept entries on the day but please note that if the entries exceed 40 we shall not be able to provide finishers medals for late entries. If you enter in this situation on the day you will pay a reduced entry fee.

WARNING – although the ground is dry there are some very uneven sections on the Callow including by the gates and where the footpaths join on the descent from the Callow. There is also a slightly fallen tree in the woods and although you can pass to either side extra care should be taken.

Potentially the junctions at Gravels (on the Chase) and at Hemford will not be marshalled although I am still trying to sort this out.

Further information will be given at the briefing on Saturday.

Note – The forecast for Saturday includes showers and please take extra care on the off-road sections if they are wet.

Alistair Bates